AquaCalc DataLink 3 Release Notes
Please report bugs to:
JBS Energy / JBS Instruments
311 D Street
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Release Notes and Change Report
- Fixed bug in Download Sections where COM port is incorrectly set to the default
port after changing Download To folder leading to a failed download.
- Changed DataLink Update screen to simplify updating.
Section Graphs / Section Report:
- Added Ice Draft to Section Preview graph in the Section Explorer window, and to
the Section View and Section Report graphs. Added Ice Draft to Section Report
Observation Detail page.
- Fixed bug where Section Explorer and Download Section windows disappear off the
visible screens if moved off-screen, minimized and then DataLink is closed from
the Windows taskbar.
Section Explorer screen:
- Added Section graph preview to Section Explorer screen. Shows a graph in
addition to text preview.
- Multiple sections can now be selected in the section list and deleted at all at
Download Section Measurements Screen:
- Added Refresh button in Download Section Measurements window.
- Removed "Delete Section After Download" checkbox to prevent accidental deletion
of measurements. Use "Delete Sections" button instead!
- Section List is not refreshed after "Delete Sections" button is pushed so that
sections deleted from AquaCalc Pro Plus will still be visible in Download window
until screen is closed.
- Added a "Refresh" Button to refresh Section List from a connected AquaCalc Pro
- Added icons to selected buttons.
- Added a Tabbed Settings window to cleanup the Settings window.
- Improved downloading of multiple files when
the files of the same name already exist. You no longer need to approve each
individual existing file overwrite.
- Created CD type DataLink install process (which does not update automatically) as
an alternative to web based Microsoft Click-Once installation.
- Added option to install from CD Setup. When
DataLink is installed from the CD setup files (and NOT directly from our
website) automatic updating is disabled. Updates will need to be manually
downloaded and installed.
- Added the ability to create a optional
download log that lists the file names and file paths in an XML log file. These
log files were created at the request of the USGS to aid in importing downloaded
measurements to their systems.
- Added registry keys in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER
space to identify the location of the DataLink 3 executable (AquaCalc DataLink
3.exe), and the file path and name of the last DataLink Download Log file
Minor bug fixes including:
Fixed problem with dashes "-"
and periods "." in Section ID causing problems with file paths.
Fixed problem with "Opening File location in Windows Explorer" in Section
About screen now autosizes text areas.
Version 3.0.5 - Full Release To Market
Beta designation removed from Main Windows Explorer header
Help file updated
- Added a "Company Name / Report Footer" entry in the Settings screen for the user
to enter a custom report footer.
- Added a "Find All" "First Only option in Settings to stop searching for more
AquaCalc Pro Plus units after the first one is found. This will speed up the
download process, but will only find one AquaCalc Pro Plus.
- Improved Section List reporting when there is a problem downloading or saving
- The "Target" line in the Section View graph now uses the percent discharge
target from the AquaCalc output file summary information.
- Added Section information to Section Explorer list view
- Help files have been improved
- Fixed Delete Folder menu option in Section View tree view
- Intial release to limited BETA testers.
- DataLink Help files are incomplete.
- "Search for AquaCalc Pro Plus Automatically" and download of Section Lists does
not work with the older RS232 connection (Use the USB
connection!). Manual Download does work on the RS232 connection.